The Cocoon Man 天蚕人

Life is but many layers of cocoon. Great wonders await outside the thin layer of cocoon within you, break it apart to experience a whole new world! 破茧而出,犹如泰斗!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Gadgets: iPhone Mania

11 Jul 2009 was a special occasion for me as it was the day that witnessed the longest ever queue that I did for purchasing a product! Standing continuously for more than 5 hours is no mean feat, even for a strong adult like me! Eventually I got what I wanted – a 3G S iPhone!

Never before have I been so fascinated by a single gadget. What prompted me to get the iPhone, apart from its revolutionary design and interface, is the tremendous potential of Apple’s Application Store. I believe there is not a single day in which no application is uploaded to the Store for users all over the world to download and enjoy. I do not think I will switch back to a normal phone now. Indeed, the market potential of smartphones will be tremendous!

It seems Apple is good at producing something that is not like something. For example, the iPhone does not look like a conventional phone at all. Where are the number dials? Why only 1 round button at the bottom? Etc.

Apple is truly a remarkable company and with Steve Jobs back at the helm now, more amazing products will certainly emerge from its production line! In the world of competitive business and diminishing profit margins, it is truly praiseworthy for a company like Apple to sustain high-level profits even in a time of great economic crisis as now.

More to come as I describe some useful applications that I downloaded from the Application Store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home